Mr Diver's Happy Cafe
Mr. Diver's class have been very busy and have set up a cafe in their classroom over the last number of weeks. This has covered each of the five Personal Learning Units of the Junior Cycle:
· Communication and Literacy: Assembly performance, Artwork, creating the menu and working with customers in the cafe
· Numeracy: Learning about money and taking money in the cafe as payment for items
· Personal Care: wearing appropriate clothing, washing hands and using equipment safely,
· Living in a Community: recognising different relationships and treating customers and colleagues with respect, speaking appropriately when talking to a customer, participating in a group work setting and demonstrating good manners at all times.
· Preparing for work: Setting a learning goal of running a cafe and reviewing it after each day, each student carrying out specific tasks in the work related activity and using equipment properly and safely.
Mr. Diver has put together a lovely video which you can watch by clicking here.
This is a lovely project. Well done to Mr Diver, Claire Dermot and all the pupils.